Top-10 stories do enjoy great popularity! Why could that be? Well, it all comes down to laziness :-) Someone scanned all the web and simply wrote down the best for me.
In fact those compilations – as also this one – usually are just a cross section within a small range of experience and sight. That is also the reason why you can find so many of them.
- Top 10 Best Practices for Production ASP.NET Applications
DNK: A short list of some things to pay attention to when dealing with production ASP.NET applications.
- 10 ASP.NET Performance and Scalability Secrets
ASP.NET 2.0 has many secrets, when revealed, can give you big performance and scalability boost. A must read. But take your time and read it slowly…
- Dead link! Sorry. Comment if you find a mirror!
Retaining Good Developers – 10 Things To Keep Them Happy (53 kicks)
DNK: This is a great article. I just wish some of my previous employers would have done just a few of these things. I probably would have stuck around longer.
- 10 Visual Studio Shortcuts You Must Know
Me: Well, I use ReSharper, so these don’t impress me that much :-)
- 10 reasons why SQL Server 2008 is going to rock
- 10 reasons why I chose MySQL over MSSQL2005 Express
- 10 Podcasts Every Developer Should Listen To
DNK: A list of 10 developer related podcasts, some popular and some rather obscure, ranging in topics from Agile tenets to Architecture best practices. A list I hope everyone will discover at least a few new gems to listen to.
- 10 Tips to improve your LINQ TO SQL Application Performance
DNK: Sidar gives performance tips on developing linq 2 SQL
- 10 Usability Nightmares You Should Be Aware Of
DNK: Usability mistakes that you will want to avoid.
- 10 awesome Windows Live Writer plugins for developer
- 10 Tips for a happy upgrade to Visual Studio 2008 RTM
DNK: Jon Galloway puts together a nice summary for updating Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 to Visual Studio 2008 RTM. This can save you a couple of headaches if you read it before upgrading!
- 10 Tools Which I Left After Using VSTS 2008
- Top 10 .NET bloggers
- Jacob Nielsen: Top-10 Application-Design Mistakes
DNK: Application usability is enhanced when users know how to operate the UI and it guides them through the workflow. Violating common guidelines prevents both.
- Ten SQL Server Functions That You Hardly Use But Should edit / delete
- 10 Tools Which I Still Use, Even I Have VSTS 2008
- 10 Great Free Tools for ASP.NET Developers
DNK: Ten of the most useful free tools for ASP.NET developers
- Dime Casts .Net – Short howto videos for .Net developers
DNK: Check out this new cool site with screencasts around 10 minutes in length. Great resource for .Net developers.
- .Net Threads – 10 Best Practices
DNK: Back to basics series – Article talks about 10 best practices to adopt while writing multi-threaded applications
If you like them, kick ‘em, and kick me, please!