A couple of days ago I twittered that the hotel in Seattle I was about to book was too expensive:
Really looking forward to ALT.NET Conf Seattle! But I was too late booking a room in the Mariott Hotel. Too expensive!
Lars Corneliussen: Really looking forward to …
Just a couple of hours later AirBedandBreakfast started following me and sent me this link with a list of accommodations in Seattle:
AirBed & Breakfast: Accommodations in Seattle, WA
Is this good or bad? In this case it didn’t help me, because I already booked the hotel.
What do you think?
Don’t know what I’m talking about? Read this.
I’m tired of having to recreate this over and over again so I had to make a note somewhere.
*\bin* *\obj* *.suo *.user *.bak **.ReSharper** **\_ReSharper.** StyleCop.Cache
Meanwhile I am maintaining ignore patterns for svn, git and hg here:
.git target* *\bin *\bin\* *\obj *\obj\* *.suo *.user *.bak *.ReSharper** **\_ReSharper.** **\StyleCop.Cache **\*.dotCover *.releaseBackup release.properties *.versionsBackup *.diff *.vssscc *.vspscc *.scc
While installing my new development VM running Windows 7 Beta on my MacBook Pro via VM Ware Fusion, I just wrote a list of the tools I installed.
For daily use
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Developer
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 + VS 2008 SP1
- JetBrains ReSharper, ~ $150, Productivity Plugin + UnitTest-Runner with tons of features.
Coming from IDEA or Eclipse, and just missing everything in VS?
I woultn’t start writing one line of Code without it! 🙂
No, JetBrains does not pay me! I bought the product regularly 🙂
- TortoiseSVN, free, best SVN Client
- VisualSVN, $49, Tortoise SVN Integration for Visual Studio
- WinMerge, free, Windows Diff Viewer and Merge Tool, SVN Support
- StyleCop, free, Code Style Checker
- StyleCop for ReSharper, free, Visual Studio Integration for StyleCop with R# Code Cleanup and Quickfixes
- JetBrains dotTrace, ~ $500, Great Performance and Memory Profiler
- nCover, from ~ $300, Code Coverage Tool for Test and Live Coverage
- NDepend, ~ $400, Static Code Analysis for Quality
- TD.Net, Free Personal Edition, Test-Runner with NCover support
For more tools have a look at Scott Hanselman’s Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Windows
Update: Switched off 3D-Support in the Fusion-VM-Settings. Everything works fine now.
I need to do some intellipad screenshots for my article on DSLs, but on my Parallels XP installation intellipad just crashes on every start. Great! A good reason to test Windows 7 on a VM Ware Fusion. But now, even worse, the whole VM crashes every time I startup intellipad 🙂
It just hangs as this screenshot shows. Any ideas?