While installing my new development VM running Windows 7 Beta on my MacBook Pro via VM Ware Fusion, I just wrote a list of the tools I installed.
For daily use
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Developer
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 + VS 2008 SP1
- JetBrains ReSharper, ~ $150, Productivity Plugin + UnitTest-Runner with tons of features.
Coming from IDEA or Eclipse, and just missing everything in VS?
I woultn’t start writing one line of Code without it! :-)
No, JetBrains does not pay me! I bought the product regularly :-)
- TortoiseSVN, free, best SVN Client
- VisualSVN, $49, Tortoise SVN Integration for Visual Studio
- WinMerge, free, Windows Diff Viewer and Merge Tool, SVN Support
- StyleCop, free, Code Style Checker
- StyleCop for ReSharper, free, Visual Studio Integration for StyleCop with R# Code Cleanup and Quickfixes
- JetBrains dotTrace, ~ $500, Great Performance and Memory Profiler
- nCover, from ~ $300, Code Coverage Tool for Test and Live Coverage
- NDepend, ~ $400, Static Code Analysis for Quality
- TD.Net, Free Personal Edition, Test-Runner with NCover support
For more tools have a look at Scott Hanselman’s Ultimate Developer and Power Users Tool List for Windows