In ten years this list will be as funny, as a list of applications that support mouse input would be today.
While I work on a multitouch-enabled Silverlight client for multitouch-apps.com, I’ll just maintain the list of multitouch software here. If you found other great apps, just leave a comment, or tweet to @multitouchapps.
List of Touch-enabled Software (both Games and Applications)
- BumpTop 3D Desktop supports multitouch it’s pro version.
- Air Hockey would be nice to have. Waiting for IdentityMine to republish it. Video
- Fishbowl is a nice offline Facebook from Microsoft uxlabs browser.
- Crazy Coins is an ATM that spits out money to be collected by piggy banks.
- Firefox announced to support basic gestures in Firefox 4.
- The Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 contains of 6 applications.
It is available for download here.
- Microsoft Blackboard is a physics puzzle game.
- Microsoft Garden Pond is a game where you move fish by tapping on the water.
- Microsoft Rebound is a cool two-player ball game. Reminds of flipper.
- Microsoft Surface Collage lets you create a collage of pictures by dragging, resizing and rotating them on a canvas. The collage can then be saved as a picture and be set as the background.
- Microsoft Surface Globe is much like Google Earth, but with touch input.
- Microsoft Surface Lagoon is a screensaver that lets you tap on the water to scare the fish.
- Windows 7 has built-in support for some gestures.
- Panning is enabled “everywhere” where scrollbars exist.
- Paint support multi touch finger painting.
- Hearts/Solitaire have been optimized for touch.
- Taskbar Jump Lists by dragging the icons upwards.
- Zoom, Rotate, Panning and Flicks in Windows Photo Viewer and XPS Viewer and Windows Live Photo Gallery
- On-Screen Keyboard works with multitouch.
- Internet Explorer 8 supports basic gestures
If your Multitouch Device is a Tablet PC at the same time, you may be interested in following products.
- ArtRage 2.5 is perfect for painting or sketching. I got it free with my bamboo fun, but I think it is worth the money.
- Microsoft Office One Note is good for note taking using a pen.
- Microsoft Research "InkSeine" is a complete rethinking of what user interfaces should be for the digital pen and ink experience. Love it!
- Apex Nexus is for sketching. Have not tried it yet.
- Other lists: Free Tablet PC Application Roundup, Tablet PC Software
- Infragistics Charting CTP supporting very basic multitouch gestures
- Silverlight Deep Zoom supports basic gestures.
Learn about Multitouch
- Resources for Multi-touch in Windows 7
- Silverlight 3 Multi-touch: The Basics
- Adobe AIR Mobile Touch and Multi-Touch
Software I have tried and immediately uninstalled.
- Microsoft Reader tries to be an e-reader for tablet pc.
- Corel Paint it! touch – ArtRage is much better
Found any nice multi-touch application?
Submit it using twitter (@multitouchapps) or leave a comment.